Depilatory Waxing – Using silky Azulen depilatory wax
– Regular waxing promotes lighter hair growth and beautiful, smooth skin. Our hair removal system utilizes an all natural botanical, anti-microbial formula that removes hair quickly, easily, mildly, and reliably.
Common Questions and Answers:
What is the advantage of waxing over shaving?
Shaving stimulates potential hair growth and can strengthen the hair follicle. Shaving also allows the hair to re-grow the next day or in some cases the same day with a stubbly feel.
What is the procedure?
Raya Wax is applied a little at a time and removed with a strip. This procedure continues until you are hair free. While waxing, it is best to pull skin taught, you may be asked to stabilize an area with your hand. Finally, once you are hair free a lotion or cream will be applied to cool and soothe.
What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
Most clients do not experience reactions beyond minor temporary redness. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster.
Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible breakouts:
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sunscreen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate you skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
- No hot bath or hot shower for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperature.
How long should the hair be before I wax?
¼ of an inch or full growth.
How long will it last?
Everybody grows hair differently, however, for most it will last for two weeks clean. Four weeks is the average time between waxing.
I get ingrown hairs when I shave, will waxing eliminate them?
For the majority of people, yes. However, waxing has its own version of ingrown that can be alleviated with proper at-home care such as manual exfoliation when you shower and daily application of Raya’s Calming Gel.
If you are on Retin-A, Renova, Accutane or any other skin-thinning product that is designed to clear the skin of acne taken topically or orally. Please refrain from using your moisturizer at least 24 hours prior to your treatment. You also shouldn’t wax if you have a systemic disease or if you are sunburned.